What Are the Advantages for Using Siding Services for Installing Cedar Shake?
A cedar shake roof and siding has a distinctive look which many homeowners find appealing, and cedar shake comes with numerous other benefits apart from aesthetics. When considering any roofing materials, cedar shakes is something to think about. Although a roof made from this material can be more expensive to install than other materials, the initial cost does come with various advantages, such as a longer lifespan.
Cedar shakes are carefully cut and split into pieces of cedar, this is a softwood that grows in several parts of the world. In some regions, it is a traditional roofing material because of the abundance of these trees, and several roofs that have wooden shingles are made out of cedar. A shake roof offers a more rustic appearance and can mesh well with various architectural styles. It is also environmentally friendly. If the cedar is harvested and processed using a sustainable method, this is in stark contrast with other materials which are created from non-renewable resources such as petroleum.
One advantage to having such roof is its durability. Cedar is resistant to the likes of insects and UV damage, and also can stand up to severe storms and hail, which is why most roofing & siding service professionals recommend it. The shakes will stay flat and only suffer the minimal shrinkage and splitting, and if the roof is correctly installed, minimal loss will be seen after heavy weather. Some manufacturers treat their cedar shakes with chemicals which are fire resistant, this makes them even safer than standard shakes.
Cedar is also a good insulation material. Having a roof made from cedar shake will help keep a building warm in the winter months and cooler during the summer months. This roofing material comes with a lifespan of up to 40 years, unlike some other materials that come with a shorter lifespan.
If you are looking for a roofing and siding services in Dallas, TX, contact Texas Rose Roof Pro's Inc now at (972) 400-5034.
Why Every Homeowner Should Hire a Good Roof Repair Contractor
The roof is one of the most important parts of your home. Without it (being in good condition), your belongings and family are at risk. A damaged roof can cause serious problems in terms of water damage. So, if you have doubts that your roof is in perfect shape, then you should hire a reputable roof repair contractor and let them inspect your roofing system properly.
Leaks are one of the most dangerous roofing problems. Besides the fact that they can cause serious property damage, they can also put your family at risk. Water infiltrating into your roofing system can destroy the roofing structure. Once the structure is affected by water damage, the entire roof becomes unsafe. You should never let your roof reach this level of damage. But, roof leaks are very hard to spot on time. In most cases, the damage caused by a leak becomes visible long after the leak has appeared. Unfortunately, by the time you see the damage, it is already too late to do much about it. In other words, prevention is the best way to keep your roof under control.
When it comes to inspections, you have two options: call a professional house roof repair service provider or do the job yourself. Whatever you decide, make sure you check your roof on a regular basis. The most common warning signs of damage are loose shingles, moisture in the attic, wet insulation, buckling shingles, etc. A proper roof inspection involves climbing on the roof and checking for damaged or loose shingles. Since this is a very dangerous job, we highly recommend you hire a specialist instead.
Texas Rose Roof Pro's Inc is a trustworthy roof repair contractor in Dallas, TX. We have many years of experience and numerous satisfied clients. If you have problems with your roof or would like us to inspect it properly, then all you have to do is call us at (972) 400-5034. Our services are reliable and affordable.
The Importance of Having a Roofing Service Specialist Check Your Roof Regularly
The roof is your home’s first line of defense against the elements. It keeps you, your family, and your belongings safe from the raging weather, and it also adds beauty and curb-appeal to your home. However, in order to get all these benefits, you need to ensure regular maintenance and upkeep in return. Al roofs require attention, especially when problems have been spotted. Immediate action is the key to keeping your roof in good condition and avoiding a rather expensive roof repair service.
Roof maintenance is not difficult or expensive if done on time. As a matter of fact, you can do most of the checking yourself. First of all, you need to make sure that your roof’s framework is in good condition. This means checking the trusser system in the attic. If any signs of moisture are detected, then you should readjust your ventilation system. It’s important to mention that your attic must stay dry at all times. Moisture will cause problems to the wooden frame, which will then cause damage to the roof’s surface.
Another important part of a regular roof maintenance plan is checking the roofing materials. This involves climbing on the roof and assessing the condition of the shingles, flashing, gutters, and downspouts. All loose, damaged, or broken shingles must be replaced as soon as possible. We strongly recommend that you hire a roofing service provider for this task. Any repair jobs must be done by a qualified roofer. Poor repair work may lead to more severe problems, which will cost even more to fix.
The final check should be done from a distance and with a pair of binoculars. The main idea is to make sure that your roof doesn’t present any major structural problems such as sagging or buckling. Due to various reasons, roofs may sag or buckle. These are considered major problems and should be addressed in a timely manner.
If you notice any signs of problems with your roof, then contact a professional roofing service provider like Texas Rose Roof Pro's Inc. We have many years of experience and numerous satisfied clients in Dallas, TX. Call us at (972) 400-5034 for references.
When Will a Roof Repair Service Use Roofing Mastic?
Roofing mastic is a product which is used to seal a roof, so water will not be able to penetrate it. Various products are referred to as roofing mastic, which is a sticky substance ,and when dry, it forms a flexible, rubbery finish. Most hardware stores sell these products so they can be ordered by special consignment. When homeowners are arranging the replacement or the repair of their roofs by a professional roof repair service, they should enquire about the products that will be used.
One type of roofing mastic is a sealer or cement which can be used on any area of a roof where water leakage may happen, like along the edges of flashing, on seams and corners, or over nails and screws. It come in buckets which will allow people to apply it using a palette knife, or it could come in a tube which can be placed into a caulking gun. When homeowners inspect their roofs periodically, it is crucial to inspect areas where mastic has been used on, this is just to confirm that it is still water tight, and it is not pulling away, flaking or cracking.
Another kind of mastic can be used on the whole roof, normally with several coats. It is used to extend the lifespan of a roof by providing a waterproof seal. Mastic can be applied using the likes of sprayers, rollers and other tools. It basically forms a membrane over the pre-existing roof so it will prevent water from penetrating, and it will protect the structure underneath. If a roof is badly damaged, unfortunately, mastic will not fix it; however, an ageing roof can be coaxed into working for several years with the help of a coat of mastic.
Before rushing out and buying any of the products listed above, it is advisable to first call in a professional roof repair service, this will ensure that you are using the right products for the issues in hand.
Call Texas Rose Roof Pro's Inc based in Dallas, TX.
Why Install Vinyl Siding at Your Home?
Every year thousands of US homeowners are re-siding their homes because they need better insulation or the appeal of their property is no longer as aesthetically pleasing as it was years ago when they first moved in. The majority have chosen vinyl siding for their home upgrade projects and for a reason. Today, we will help you understand why this material outsells other siding materials offered on the market.
- Vinyl siding recouped nearly 80% of the resale value of a residential property. This is why, it is the primary cladding material on nearly ? of all new homes built last year. This material is backed up by industry-leading lifetime warranties, which automatically get transferred to the next owner in case you sell your home.
- Installing this material will definitely help you boost the curb appeal of your property. There are more than 400 in which vinyl can be found. All of them were approved and certified with the VSI (Vinyl Siding Institute) Certification Program for color retention. Besides the colors, textures, and profiles there is a wide selection of shapes that you can choose from.
- Vinyl does not require much maintenance. It does not require painting or caulking. Just a simple clean with your garden hose once a month will keep it in a good looking condition. Vinyl, as we have already mentioned, is certified for quality and color retention, so you will not have to think about repairs for many years after you have installed it.
- It is virtually indestructible. Vinyl is weather, fade, and insect resistant. It has been proven that it can survive wind speeds of more than 200 mph. In other words you will not have to deal with annual repainting and termite extermination if you cover your cottage in the forest with vinyl.
- Vinyl is a sustainable solution that will help you save energy and stay green. Over its life cycle vinyl siding is more environmentally-friendly than almost every other exterior cladding on the market today.
If you are in demand of quality siding installation work in Dallas, TX, and you want to work with a vinyl expert, we advise you to contact Texas Rose Roof Pro's Inc at (972) 400-5034. Our team will present you special price offers and material warranties that you will definitely want to take advantage of!
Is Siding Repair One of the Jobs Which Has to Be Done during the Summer?
Although Texas Rose Roof Pro's Inc are a siding repair and installation specialists, we are familiar with all other types of repair and handyman work. As a qualified contractor, we would share some observations based on our experience on which are the top 5 home improvement jobs that definitely need to be done during the summer if you do not want to fail completing them.
- Gutter inspection and cleaning. Summer is the best time to check out your gutters for leaks, splashing, and standing water, caused by clogs. This is because raining in the hottest season is scarce and you can afford to dismantle your gutters and even replace a few parts of them is that is necessary. Even if you simply want to clean them from debris and fallen leaves, we still recommend you to do this during the non-rainy season.
- Roof repairs or replacement. Due to the same reasons, it is a good idea to do any roof repairs both minor or major in the hottest summer days when there are no chances of rain. If rain strikes your home when there are no shingles to protect it, your roof and attic structure may get damaged and leaks may appear all around your home.
- Window repair and replacement. Fiberglass and vinyl offer great energy-efficiency, so we highly recommend them to those of you who need to get their windows replaced. They will not only help the environment but will also help you to save money on your heating and cooling bills.
- Porch or deck. Cold temperatures are tough on wood decks and porches, so repairing and sealing their cracks during the summer can help you make sure that they will last through another winter.
- Siding. If you know you have some problems with your siding, you’d better schedule and inspection to identify the current or potential problems. Vinyl siding is not repaired that easy, so you will really need a professional for that or you may also consider the option of using fiber cement as an alternative.
If you are currently looking for a siding repair specialist in Dallas, TX, we strongly recommend you book the services of our company. We are a team of young but professional repairmen that can help you solve any siding problem you have. Call us now at (972) 400-5034, if you are interested to find out more about our service rates.
Reasons Why You Might Need a Roof Repair Service
Welcome again! In this article, we would like to share with you which the most common causes for roof-related problems are. So, in the list below, you will find out what the cause of your roof leak might be.
- No maintenance – if you haven’t been cleaning the roof and the gutters regularly, you might need a roof repair service. The reason for this is that the leaves and branches that fall from the surrounding trees might cause the rainwater to go under the shingles or clays. Needless to say that when that happens, you will need to contact a professional roofing contractor to fix the problem.
- Improperly performed previous repair – since there are many inexperienced roofers, it’s not very rare when you might search for a company that can perform a roofing service again. In order to avoid that, make sure to hire professional contractors that stand behind their services.
- Bad skylight or roof installation – just like the previous reason, if the installation was performed poorly, your roof will leak sooner that you have expected.
- Damaged roof material – in the best case scenario, you will understand that a shingle or tile is broken during the regular roof cleaning. However, if you aren’t maintaining your roof properly, you might not notice that the wood shakes are attacked by rot or termites.
At Texas Rose Roof Pro's Inc, we are confident to call ourselves the experts in Dallas, TX you can count on! For the 24 years that we have been around, our top priority has always been the satisfaction of our clients. Therefore, if you are looking for a company that strives to provide nothing less then excellent roofing service, make sure to reach us at (972) 400-5034. We are the specialists you should trust!
Tips from a Professional Roofing Service on Repairing Sagging Roofs
The first thing to do when fixing a sagging roof is to find out what is causing it in the first place. In many cases, the sagging is due to a broken rafter or roof decking; however, in some severe cases, a damaged or sinking foundation is the cause of the problem. You will have to go to your attic and inspect the roof carefully in order to discover the cause. Once you have found out what the problem is, you have to think about repairing this damage.
It is recommended that all repairs should be done from the top of the roof, which could mean you or your roofing service specialist will have to rip up shingles and other roof coverings, and the roof decking in some instances. This might not be possible if it is winter when it is snowing, which means repairs have to be done from underneath the roof— from the attic. This is very difficult and somewhat dangerous, and if possible, this should be avoided. Tearing up shingles and decking is more expensive, but in the long run, it is much safer and more efficient.
The repairs that need to be done can vary, depending on the type of damage the roof has. A broken rafter can be extremely hard to fix, especially from beneath, returning the broken rafters to their original position can be accomplished with an L-bracket; however, jacks could be required to lift the pieces until they are butted up. The rafter can be replaced; nonetheless, this is a more significant repair which involves the removal of significant portions of the decking and roof shingles.
If the roof is sagging because of rot or warped decking, the repair will be simpler. You or your roofing service expert has to remove the shingles and decking, but this will mean that there will be a hole in the roof temporarily. This could be a problem in the winter, but allowing the roof to carry on sagging will create bigger problems like a cave in. The decking has to be removed since the shingles have to be removed and replaced as well.
Call Texas Rose Roof Pro's Inc based in Dallas, TX.
How to Determine If It’s Time to Call a Siding Repair Service Provider
Your home’s siding is usually the only thing standing between your interior drywalls and the elements outside. Since each board works together as a complete system, it’s quite hard to tell the damage until the siding is physically removed. However, there are several signs that you might want to keep an eye on. The minute you notice any, contact a specialist in siding repair and have them fix your problems before it’s too late. Continue reading
A Roofing Contractor Explains What They Are
Making the right decisions is crucial, if you want to minimize the short- and long-term costs involved in home improvement projects. This is particularly true for large and complex jobs like re-roofing. In this case, you should make some of the most important decisions before you contact a roof company. Continue reading